The law requires that feed businesses in North Yorkshire are registered with trading standards.
Registering your business
If you are not already registered or approved by North Yorkshire County Council but you need to be, please contact our customer service team on 01609 780780 to request a registration pack.
Viewing registered or approved premises
Premises already registered or approved with North Yorkshire County Council are listed in the registers below, along with the feed activity codes which they are registered or approved for. Livestock premises which have not yet contacted us directly have been given the activity code "R13 - Direct feeding of livestock", and they appear in this register.
- You can view the feed activity codes and a description of them here.
- You can view EC Regulation 183/2005 and the annexes here.
To search the register, open the relevant document below. The register is listed A-Z by business or individual name. For speed, you can use the "Find" tool within your PDF viewer, usually accessed by pressing the Ctrl + F keys.
Guidance when considering or completing an application for registration or approval
- Which address(es) or activities should I register?
- Is there a fee for registration or approval?
- Is it possible to amend an approval or registration?
- What are the registration conditions in respect of food manufacturing companies?
- What are the registration conditions in respect of farms?
- Are some activities exempt from the approval / registration requirements?
- What is the difference between approval and registration?
- What are the main conditions of EC regulation 183/2005